Being a coffee love sometimes becomes a daunting task as making a single cup coffee is like conducting a full blown orchestra. Don’t get me wrong, but it’s true. With the introduction of so many new machines to make your brewing task easier but with the plethora of options in the market which one to choose? And then there arises one more question, to choose automatic or manual?
When selecting the machine for coffee making you need to consider how much automation you want for the coffee making process, with the increase in the competition you can get fully manual, fully automatic or you can find something in between these two which full-fills all your need.
Today we have something special for you, not many people look for these gems, but as the saying goes, “it takes one to know one.” We have manually tested (no pun intended) some of the best manual espresso makers and come up with our picks of top 10 best manual espresso machines of 2019 which you should buy right now!
So take out your monocles, and fancy handkerchiefs cause we are about to start one of our classiest espresso machines reviews.
Here Are Top 10 Best Manual Espresso Machines In 2019
#10 STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine
Starting off with our list we at number 10 we have STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine. It may look small, but this manual espresso machine does its job perfectly. It’s compact, easy to carry, and makes delicious espresso what else do you need? In addition to this, it is the best portable coffee maker in a pocket friendly price.
- A versatile handheld espresso machine
- It includes semi-automatic piston
- Efficient making it easy to use for trips and treks.
- Pump-action to boil the water.
- Lightweight easy to carry in a backpack
- To boil and make a shot requires more than 20 pump squeeze individually.
- After the brewing process, some water is always left in the water reservoir.
- Squeezing the pump can get complicated sometimes.
During our test, we find pumping action leaves a lot to be desired. It could have been better. Other than that it’s a great espresso machine when you are traveling and staying away from home for a while.
#9 Black + Decker DCM18S Coffee Maker
With Blac + Decker DCM18S Coffee Maker, we have our first semi-automatic espresso machine. This machine is ideal for the morning espresso shot. It comes with 15 oz travel mug, so you don’t need to buy it separately. It’s no brainer option if the coffee serving is for just a single individual.
- First, it has an automatic shutdown function.
- Comes with inbuilt permanent ground filters.
- Thus, there is no need for paper filters.
- Smaller footprint making it perfect for small kitchens.
- The connecting wire is not thick and breaks easily.
- Filling up the water reservoir is quite tricky.
- Mug clearance is too short you can’t use other mugs with it.
This single cup espresso maker does exactly what it is required to do, but the free mug gives it away. It is said that the mug is insulated, but in reality, it’s not. It’s a great machine but not a perfect, that’s why it stands at 9th position in our list.
#8 DeLonghi EC155M Manual Espresso Machine
With the metal finish on top, drip tray, and control panel gives DeLonghi EC155M an elegant look. This manual Espresso machine gives you the power to brew your coffee like a pro. You can make a single or double espresso shot from this machine. Moreover, the brews have authentic barista quality same as of your favorite coffee shop
- Pressure can go up to 15 bars.
- Provides two in one service you can brew espresso as well as cappuccino.
- It has an inbuilt steam wand for whipping frothy cappuccino.
- Drip-tray is easily removable from the bottom of the machine.
- Transparent water reservoir capacity is 35 oz with detachable function
- Machine vibrates during the brewing process.
- The clearance in between drip tray and boiler outlet.
- Sometimes milk doesn’t heat up properly.
The main feature we have in this manual espresso maker is ease of usage. You can easily take out the water reservoir fill it and then put it back in its place. Also, Steam pressure can be easily tuned with the help of two thermostats for attaining perfect temperature and taste.
If you are trying to find a coffeehouse standard espresso machine without getting into the hassle of bulky machines, this one is the right option for you. If the pitcher clearance was bit better and the machine has some added features like automatic on/off it could have ranked much higher in our press espresso machines list
#7 Sowtech Espresso Machine 3.5 Bar 4 Cup Espresso Maker
Do you want something affordable without any big compromises? Then Sowtech Espresso Machine is here to turn your dream into reality. With this espresso press, you can easily make espresso and cappuccino without suffering any taste loss. The functions are easy to operate no complex process making it perfect for your half closed eyes in the morning.
- It’s small, lighter, easy to store design makes it best for small apartments and kitchen.
- Comes with foam maker making morning espresso velvety smooth.
- The company has worldwide recognition in making coffee machines.
- Furthermore, the 3.5 bar pressure gives the best foaming texture that you desire.
- You need to do some hit and trial method to get a perfect mug of coffee.
- Doesn’t have timer inbuilt you have to stand alongside it and wait for your brew to finish.
- The carafe is a bit small when comparing it to the size of the whole machine.
Our pick is if the small space is your concern then Sowtech Manual Espresso Machine can deliver your coffee without taking a large footprint in your kitchen. The machine is well made and gets the job done just about right. It’s not a great machine, but at this price point you are getting more with it then you can ask.
#6 Delonghi EC680M DEDICA
Just missing the top five spot we have one more entry from the Delonghi this time Delonghi EC680M DEDICA. The company provides multiple ranges of best manual espresso machines for both household and coffee shop purposes. With this lever espresso machine, you get a sleek espresso maker with a sleek design in addition to a manual frother. Delivers the espresso shot with consistency.
- Just like the previous entry, it has 15 bars of pressure.
- A manual frother to mix steam and milk for creamy froth.
- Easy to remove water tank makes the cleaning process easy and less time consuming.
- You can fit a large mug or a cup as the bottom tray can be adjusted accordingly
- The customer service with this brand is exceptional
- After turning the machine on the brewing process takes a minute or two to start.
- The Inbuilt streamer wand sometimes falls short in length.
- Its hard to put portafilter in its place and may require force.
You can use this machine for making great espresso shots as well as cappuccino cups according to your taste. With the added steam wand you get the lovely creamy texture on your coffee. The only thing that lacks is the use of cheap material in manufacturing which sometimes causes minor issues here and there in this manual pump espresso maker.
# 5 Quickmill Andreja Premium Espresso Coffee Machine
At number five we have Quickmill Andreja Premium Espresso Coffee Machine. It is a bit bulky manual coffee machine but, with excellent working and you get absolutely delicious espresso coffee, precisely what you like. Thought it is high on our list but definitely not high on your budget. This coffee maker is very easy to use, and you can extract your favorite espresso without any hassle.
- Excellent brew quality
- Customization options available
- Very easy to use
- Big reservoir size
- Easy to clean
- It is a bit bulky.
- Not very easy to carry along.
Our verdict on this manual espresso machine is that it indeed is a good buy for coffee lovers. This machine has every quality that makes it a great coffee maker, with excellent brew quality and easy to use, it has got all that you want. So, buy it and enjoy your espresso brewed at your lovely home.
# 4 La Pavoni EPC-8 Europiccola Espresso Machine
At number four on our list is the La Pavoni EPC 8 Europiccola Espresso Machine. It is a lightweight, easy to carry this fantastic manual espresso coffee machine. Keep it at any corner of your home or office; this good looking coffee machine will mesmerize you with its brewing quality. You get eight cups of your favorite espresso in one go. The coffee maker is user friendly, and you can brew your espresso hassle-free.
- Great brewing quality.
- Lightweight, easy to carry.
- The machine has a sturdy, all steel construction.
- It comes with tamper proof screen and measuring spoon.
- There is no mounted pressure gauge.
- It is not cappuccino automated.
- It requires proper maintenance.
Our verdict is, go for it as it has all the qualities which makes it a good buy. All the qualities surely justify its position at number four on our list. This coffee machine is also available in a bigger size; you can decide what size you want to go for as per your requirements.
# 3 ROK EspressoGC Espresso Machine
At number three is the ROK EspressoGC Espresso Machine. It is one of the lightest coffee makers available on the market. This lever espresso machine is so light that it could easily be kept in a small bag and carried along with you anywhere you go. It needs minimal maintenance. Wash it after the use under your tap or faucet, and you are all set. And the best part is that it does not need electricity.
- It is an extremely light machine with a compact design.
- No maintenance needed.
- Superior insulation.
- Sturdy and finished metal and stainless steel.
- There is no pressure gauge on the machine.
- No sensors or indicators on the coffee maker.
This machine is amazing. You do not need any electricity to power it on. It is incredibly lightweight, and so is easy to carry. Anywhere you are, all you need are the coffee beans, and you are all set to enjoy your freshly prepared espresso.
# 2 Flair Espresso Maker Bundle Set/ Flair Espresso Maker (Plus)
The runner up in this race on our list is the Flair Espresso Maker Bundle Set/ Flair Espresso Maker. It is one of the best available in the market in this range. The looks of the coffee maker are also very different and appealing, which definitely adds to the USP of the product.
It is a lightweight and portable espresso coffee machine which you can carry anywhere. So, it is a good match of a good coffee maker which can be taken along and kept anywhere.
- The product is made of stainless steel.
- The coffee is very evenly brewed.
- Lightweight can be carried along anywhere.
- You get a five year warranty on the product.
- Available in three different sizes.
- Needs to be given proper maintenance.
- No self clean option available, it has to be manually cleaned.
This coffee maker is definitely worth its position and price as it delivers quality and also is light weight, and not to forget the different style of the machines which sets it apart from others in the market.
#1 La Pavoni Professional PPG-16 Professional 16-Cup Espresso Machine
Finally, we arrive at the most awaited product of the list. At the pole position of this list, we have the La Pavoni Professional Copper & Brass, also known by the name La Pavoni PPG-16 Professional 16-Cup Espresso Machine.
It is undoubtedly one of the best espresso coffee makers available on the market across all the ranges. It is worth every penny you spend. This coffee maker will give an amazingly delicious espresso coffee, be it the taste or the aroma of the coffee, everything is excellent. Also, the cherry on the cake is the exterior looks and the built of this coffee maker. It is made of chrome and brass which looks extremely attractive.
- It makes 16 cups of espresso in a go.
- The boilers in the machine heat up instantly.
- It has an internal thermostat.
- Dual frothing system for espresso and latte.
- Steam pressure piston available.
- Excellent looks of this coffee maker.
- The brass needs to be kept well maintained and polished.
- Needs to be manually cleaned as no automatic clean option.
So, La Pavoni PPG-16 Professional 16-Cup Espresso Machine justifies its position very well. It has everything which keeps it at the helm of this list. The texture and aroma of brewed coffee are great. Not just that, the look on the outside of the machines compliments its traits.
So there you have it a comprehensive list of best manual espresso machines in the market which you can buy right now. Also, we would like to give a shout out to our personal recommendation from the above list which is Flair espresso maker it’s all manual with not extra features just simple machine to give you the best espresso shot. Be sure to check out our other top 10 picks such as best espresso machines under $500 and many more.
Feel free to provide us your feedback on this list as we are always looking for latest updates on our list to keep our customers always one step ahead.